Details for Professional Accountability
This subject will provide classroom support for you while on supervised field placement. It provides both individual and group supervision, and the opportunity to reflect on your cases in other subjects in thecourse. You will also gain a broader understanding of presenting problems, assessment and management through case conferences involving an approved mix of peer review, professional development and supervisors.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: SSC408
- Credit points: 10
Awards offering Professional Accountability
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Explain and use professional frameworks and guidelines of practice;
- Demonstrate competence in assessment, wisdom in intervention, promptness in necessary referrals and ethical principles in counselling and/or ministry situations;
- Prepare and discuss material from caseloads and key incidents in a confidential, orderly, informative and coherent manner, arguing for and defending hypotheses but able to demonstrate an ability to consider the expert opinions of others and reflect these in future practice;
- Critically analyse issues and challenges in professional practice from a Christian worldview.
Book-keeping, record-keeping, phone contact, marketing, and legal and other matters as they relate to developing professional practice and case management skills in counselling
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Onsite (on campus)
- Online (e-Learning)
- Work Context Project (25%)
- Case Report (50%)
- Presentation and Written Paper (25%)
- Cleak, H.M., & Wilson, J. (2019). Making the most of field placement (4th ed.). South Melbourne: Cengage Learning Australia.
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any textbooks.