Details for Introducing Solution Focused Therapy
This subject introduces students to the methodology and practice of Solution Focused Therapy (SFT), including the emergence, integrational practice, and important figures for this therapy, as well as the individual, family and group approaches to this therapy.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: SSE314
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Rebecca Loundar
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering Introducing Solution Focused Therapy
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Analyse Solution Focused Therapy, with reference to biblical perspectives, its historical development and place in counselling today;
- Critique the application of Solution Focused Therapy against another form of therapy;
- Describe and begin employing the core skills, ideas, and practices that make up Narrative Therapy;
- Analyse and critique these developing skills and practices.
- Articulate a personal approach to Solution Focused Therapy, supporting the details of this approach with biblical principles and research material;
- Create a collaborative relationship with clients where they can apply their skills and solution focused techniques and format to allow self-discovery for clients with a view to facilitating change.
- The emergence of solution focused therapy
- Important figures in solution focused therapy
- The methodology and practice of SFT
- The language of solution focused therapy
- Integrational practice
- Body focused and emotional variations to Solution focused therapy
- Individual, family and group approaches in SFT
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Onsite (face-to-face)
- Online (e-Learning)
- Workbook (25%)
- Minor Essay (25%)
- Assessment and Therapy Plan (15%)
- Roleplay (25%)
- Personal Reflection (10%)
- Ratner, H., George, E., Iveson, C. (2012) Solution Focused Brief Therapy: 100 Key Points and Techniques. Routledge
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any textbooks.