Details for Orientation to Ministry Practice
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: MIN010
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Dean O'Keefe
Awards offering Orientation to Ministry Practice
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Outline the history and beliefs of the church/denomination;
- Outline the structure of the church/denomination, and the relationship of the Key Leadership within it;
- Identify and define the expectations of the pastoral role as it applies within the church/denomination;
- Show an understanding of the foundations for ministry and leadership;
- Reflect and provide feedback on work integrated learning, showing a personal and technical understanding of the ministry context.
- Welcome to Church Ministry
- Church Governance
- The Role of Key Leaders
- Ministry Life
- Leadership Skills
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to face (on site)
- E-learning (online)
- Intensive (One week: 7 hours per day for 5 days = 35 class hours + approx 85 hours out of class time for research, writing, exam preparation and execution, ancillary activities associated with completion of assigned tasks).
- Tests (25%)
- Project (25%)
- Professional Portfolio (50%)
- Stanley, Andy, Visioneering- God’s Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Vision, 2005.
- Gary L. McIntosh & Arn, Charles., What Every Pastor Should Know: 101 Indispensable Rules of Thumb for Leading Your Church, 2013.
Please consult your lecturer before purchasing any textbooks