Details for Australian Aboriginal Studies
This subject introduces you to aspects of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, focusing on the ongoing nature of colonisation. Integrating various viewpoints (historical, sociological, ethical, theological), we consider ideas around country, Indigenous knowledge, languages, cultures, resistance, governance and social justice and the implications these have for contemporary practice.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: SSC536
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Rebecca Loundar
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering Australian Aboriginal Studies
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Master of Arts
- Master of Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Wellbeing Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Arts
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Social Science
- Graduate Diploma of Leadership
- Media Critique (25%)
- Major Essay (50%)
- Case Response (25%)
- Broome, R. 2010. Aboriginal Australians. Sydney: Allen & Unwin.
- Flood, J. 2006. The Original Australians. Sydney: Allen & Unwin.