Details for Theology and Economics
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: THE550
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Paul Oslington
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering Theology and Economics
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Analyse the history of the relationship between Christian theology and economics.
- Identify the issues involved in interdisciplinary scholarship.
- Apply economic and theological analysis to a range of important contemporary issues, demonstrating an understanding of relationship between these two types of analysis.
- Describe the place of economics in contemporary culture.
- Compare and contrast various models on economic theory.
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (onsite)
- Distance/E-learning (online)
- Intensive (One week: 7 hours per day for 5 days = 35 class hours + approx 85 hours out of class time for research, writing, exam preparation and execution, ancillary activities associated with completion of assigned tasks)
- Quiz (10%)
- Major Essay (40%)
- Exam (50%)
- Backhouse Roger. (2003) Penguin History of Economics Penguin Books.; or
- Robert L. (1999). The Worldly Philosophers New York, Simon and Schuster. (originally published 1953)
- An advanced technical treatment is Blaug (1996) Economic Theory in Retrospect 5th edition Cambridge: CUP.
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any textbooks