Ministry demands a range of unique skills that are relevant for the vocational pastor, their key team members, and emerging leaders across all ministry areas. Our Cert IV introduces immediately applicable and transferable skills in understanding the bible, discipling others, personal leadership, and reaching and caring for people.
Some of the units you can study focus on understanding the Bible and how to apply it, how to be an effective ministry team player and leader, how to provide foundational pastoral care, how to introduce new believers into the beliefs and practices of the church and how to disciple established believers to grow in their relationship with God and capacity for ministry. Join the AC community and you will learn from experienced and recognised ministry leaders who will equip you for greater ministry effectiveness.
This course comprises 8 units of competency to be completed over one year full-time or up to two years part-time, and consists of:
- 6 Core units
- 2 Elective units
Elective units may be selected from the elective units listed in the Units tab or from a field relevant to ministry from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited Certificate IV or Diploma qualifications.
- BSBPEF403 Lead personal development
- BSBXTW301 Work in a team
- NAT11088001 Induct disciples into the central beliefs and practices of a church
- NAT11088002 Disciple a church member
- NAT11088005 Create tools facilitating the learning and communication of the Bible
- NAT11088006 Interpret the Bible for personal and communal edification
Proficiency in written and spoken English:
- For prospective students from an English-speaking background, successful completion of the High School Certificate (HSC) or its equivalent (including articulation from other AQF programs), including demonstration of competency in English is recommended.
- For prospective students from a non-English speaking background, an IELTS Score of 5.5 (or demonstrated equivalent English proficiency) is recommended.
This program requires a government issued Unique Student Identifier (USI) number. See http://www.usi.gov.au/ for details and to secure your USI.
Delivery Modes: Online
Locations: Local Church College or Direct Online
Duration: 1 year full-time/2-4 years part-time
Intakes: Multiple intakes across the year
FEES & TIMETABLE
A complete Fee Schedule for all Alphacrucis programs and courses can be found in our Fees Information section.
For a full list of course dates for new and continuing students, please see our Timetables.
Government loans are unavailable for this course. An alternative option is applying for Zeefi Loans, a private student loan provider. To learn more about VET loans provided by Study Loans, click here.
Course Learning Outcomes
The purpose of this course is to equip Christians with the foundational skills necessary to minister and disciple within a church. These include skills in the following areas:
- Personal and spiritual formation
- Biblical knowledge and interpretation
- Theological knowledge and application
- Discipleship and evangelism
- Teamwork and leadership
- Pastoral care
This course is intended to provide participants with the following general education outcomes:
- Ability to apply critical reflection and spiritual disciplines to facilitate personal and spiritual growth in oneself and other Christians
- Demonstration of a broad understanding of the Old Testament and New Testament
- Demonstration of a broad understanding of foundational Christian theology
- Ability to apply knowledge of pastoral ministry to a broad range of church ministry contexts
- Demonstration of contextualisation skills facilitating the application of theology within contemporary ministry
- Demonstration of general research skills, particularly the ability to gather, understand and evaluate information
Although no minimum practicum or work-placement hours are required for the completion of this award, some course assessments may contain practical aspects. It is expected that candidates will be involved in some form of Christian ministry during their enrolment which will assist them in completing any assessment that includes practical components.
For more information on the suite of student support services available, please see our Student Services section.