Dr Fiona PartridgeSenior Lecturer
Contact Fiona Partridge
Fiona is a Senior Lecturer for the National Institute for Christian Education and an adjunct lecturer for Alphacrucis College.
Beginning her teaching career as a K to 12 classroom Music specialist, Fiona has worked at Torrens Valley Christian School (a CEN school) in Adelaide since 1990. In 1995, she was appointed as Head of Middle School, and still continues to have a strong interest in working with adolescents. In 2005 Fiona was appointed the K-12 Coordinator of Studies at TVCS and held that position until the end of 2017.
Since the start of 2018, Fiona has taken up the State Executive Officer Role for the South Australian CEN schools and commenced working part-time for the CEN National Office, reducing her teaching role at TVCS, though still allocated a Senior School teaching load.
Fiona completed her Masters degree with the National Institute in 2002. Fiona soon commenced working as an adjunct lecturer with the Institute and has also worked as a sessional lecturer with Tabor Adelaide in the B.Ed Program. Fiona completed a Doctorate of Education with UniSA in 2010. Her thesis investigated Middle Years pre-service teacher education.
Fiona has a role with the CEN National Office delivering Professional Learning resources and is the Coordinator of Connect; a no-fee website for Christian Educators to share resources.
Fiona loves living life in beautiful South Australia. She is interested in the history and culture of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Australia having discovered more about her own family Noongar heritage.
Ed.D. (University of South Australia) 2010
MEd (National Institute for Christian Education) 2001
BEd (South Australian College of Advanced Education) 1989
Field of Research
- 1301 Education Systems
- 1302 Curriculum and Pedagogy
- 1303 Specialist Studies in Education
- 1399 Other Education
- Partridge, F. (2019). Discerning the 'isms' in teaching and learning. Christian Educators Journal, 10(1) 8-12.
- Partridge, F. (2018). Discerning the ‘isms’ in Teaching and Learning. Christian Teachers Journal, 26(4) 28-31. | Link to journal
- Conference Reflections: Reflections on Learning (2019), CEN Teaching and Learning Conference, Hobart, Australia, 18 Sep 2019
- Formational Teaching Practices (2019), CEN Teaching and Learning Conference, Hobart, Australia, 17 Sep 2019
Exploring Quality Questioning - the responsibility of the teacher to form students’ hearts and minds towards the Kingdom (2019), ITEC19 conference, Adelaide, Australia, 15 Jul 2019
Co-presenter: Brookes, E.
- Partridge, F. (2020). Understanding the Past and Shaping the Future. Christian Teachers Journal, 28(2).
- Partridge, F. & Brookes, E. (2019). Reimagining Quality Questioning: Forming Hears and Minds Toward the Kingdom. Christian Teachers Journal, 27(4).
If you’d like to contact Fiona, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.