Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership
The Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership combines cutting edge leadership training with practical business and management skills. This course is taught from a Christian perspective to equip you with the skills to lead in the workplace. Complete this double diploma in 1.5 years (full-time), instead of 2 years. This course is overseen by Mr. Ka Lun Kenelm Chan and Rev Dr John Griffiths. The double Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership
The combined Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership is designed to prepare you for leadership and management in a wide variety of career and jobs.
You will receive foundational business training in areas such as business communications, marketing, accounting and project management. Combined with solid biblical knowledge and application of principles in self-management and leading others, graduates will be well-positioned for a wide variety of careers across large and small businesses, not-for-profits, churches and para-church organisations.
This Double Diploma also provides a solid foundation for students who may wish to progress onto an undergraduate course in Business, Entrepreneurship, Ministry or Theology. Candidates with individual diploma awards from AC can also qualify for credit/subject exemptions to receive this double diploma.
This double diploma arrangement is based on the three semesters (each of 13 weeks duration), with four subjects taught in each semester. It comprises:
- 80 credit points (8 subjects) of compulsory core subjects; and
- 40 credit points (4 subjects) of electives.
To qualify for award of the degree of Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership a candidate shall accrue an aggregate of at least 120 credit points.
Choose three subjects (30 credit points).
For more details on which subjects you can choose, see the current enrolment guide for this course.
All Subjects Available
Rules of Progression
Any rules of progress defined in the Diploma of Business or Diploma of Leadership apply.
Applicants with Recent Secondary Education (within the past 2 years)
Applicants with recent high school education only will demonstrate completion of the NSW Higher School Certificate, or the completion of the interstate or overseas equivalent qualification.
Applicants with Vocational Education and Training (VET) Study
Applicants with a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification will demonstrate the completion of a Certificate III or higher qualification awarded by an authorised institution or registered training organisation (RTO).
The Program Director will conduct a pre-admission interview (either face-to-face or phone or via Zoom) with all applicants seeking entry into the course on the basis of a Certificate III qualification. This interview aims to assess academic suitability and preparedness of the applicant for undergraduate level study.
Applicants with Higher Education Study
Applicants whose highest level of study enrolment since leaving secondary education is a higher education qualification will demonstrate the completion of an AQF Level 7 Bachelor degree (or higher) by an authorised institution for admission into this course.
Applicants with Work and Life Experience
Applicants who have not completed formal higher education study are eligible for direct entry into this course.
If English is not the applicant’s first language or if their first degree was awarded in a non English speaking nation, they will be required to show proficiency in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (or equivalent) with an overall IELTS (or equivalent) score of at least 5.5, with a score of not less than 5.0 in any of the four skill areas, or equivalent.
Delivery Mode: Face-to-Face, Blended, and Online
Locations: Sydney and online
Duration: 1.5 years (three semesters) full-time, or up to five years part-time.
Intakes: Semester 1, Semester 2
Course Learning Outcomes
- general understanding of key issues, recent scholarship and practices within the discipline areas of business and leadership, consistent with a Christian worldview;
- depth of understanding of practical fieldwork;
- technical and theoretical understanding of basic research principles and methods, and knowledge of research approaches used in the discipline areas of business and leadership.
Demonstrated ability to:
- identify, analyse and synthesise theoretical knowledge in the discipline areas of business and leadership;
- examine a complex problem or presenting issues using appropriate business and leadership methodologies and theories;
- communicate technical and creative skills to express leadership ideas and perspectives;
- transfer knowledge and specialised leadership skills to peers and general audiences in diverse contexts;
- communicate effectively to transfer knowledge and specialised chaplaincy skills to peers, clients, and general audiences in diverse contexts;
- communicate effectively and creatively ideas and perspectives on key business issues, recent scholarship and practices in business to peers and general audiences in diverse contexts;
- apply theoretical and technical knowledge and skills acquired within the specialist area of leadership in a range of professional contexts to develop appropriate solutions to business and management issues;
- work independently, responsibly and with the level expected in a broad range of professional, business, and leadership contexts;
- collaborate in team projects to make a positive contribution toward social issues;
- undertake self-reflection and evaluation of performance for the purpose of vocational development.
Graduates of this course of study may find employment in a relevant occupational field, such as: business and professional organisations; mission-based or not-for-profit organisations or educational institutions that require skills in creative and innovative thinking.
For more information on the suite of student support services available, please see our Student Services section.
This course is not currently available to International Students.