Rev. Dr. David PerryVice President Academic
Contact David Perry
In his role as Vice President Academic, David oversees and provides leadership for all the academic operations of the college. He has years of experience in higher education leadership and management, and he has also been a lecturer in theology for the last 10 years. He is a credentialed Minister with Australian Christian Churches.
David holds a number of leadership roles within the broader higher education sector. He was recently appointed as a member of the Higher Education Standards Panel, an expert statutory advisory body to the Federal Minister for Education, from 2020-2023. He is also a Board Member of Independent Higher Education Australia (IHEA), Secretary of the Council of Deans of Theology, Council Member for the Australian and New Zealand Association of Theological Schools (ANZATS), Steering Committee Member for the Higher Education Private Providers Quality Network, Board Member of Alphacrucis College New Zealand, immediate past President of the Association of Pentecostal and Charismatic Bible Colleges, and Commissioner for the APTA Theological Commission.
David completed a Bachelor of Ministry in 2001, and a Bachelor of Theology with First Class Honours in 2009. He completed his PhD at Australian Catholic University. The title of his PhD thesis was "Pentecostal Spirit Baptism: An Analysis of Meaning and Function", and it has been published in book form by Brill.
PhD (Australian Catholic University)
Dissertation Title Pentecostal Spirit Baptism: An Analysis of Meaning and Function 2015
Bachelor of Theology (Hons 1) (Sydney College of Divinity) 2009
Bachelor of Ministry (Christian Heritage College) 2001
Field of Research
- 2204 Religion and Religious Studies
- 2299 Other Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Perry, David (2017). "Spirit Baptism: The Pentecostal Experience in Theological Focus". Leiden, The Netherlands: Brill. | External link
- Austin, Denise A. and Perry, David (2015). "From Jerusalem to Athens: A Journey of Pentecostal Pedagogy in Australia". Journal of Adult Theological Education, 12(1), 43-55. | External link
- Perry, David (2014). "Spirit Baptism and Social Action: The Pentecostal experience of Spirit baptism as a rationale for social action and mission". Australasian Pentecostal Studies, 16. | External link
Developing a Research and Scholarship Framework: An Australian Christian Higher Education Case Study (2019), Australian Christian Higher Education Alliance, Brisbane, Australia, 31 Jul 2019
Co-presenter: Austin, D
- "Pentecostal Pedagogy in Australia: The “Athens” Paradigm in Practice" (2019), Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) International Forum, Dallas, TX, 31 Jan 2019
- "Pentecostal Reflections on Spirit Baptism – In Dialogue with Catholic Reflections" (2018), 47th Annual Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies, Cleveland, TN, 08 Mar 2018
- "Spirit Baptism Then and Now: Why the Experience is Still Important for Pentecostals" (2017), Asia Pacific Theological Association General Assembly, Cambodia, 14 Sep 2017
- "Music and Meaning: Meaningful Encounter with the Holy Spirit Through Music" (2016), Society for Pentecostal Studies, Los Angeles, California, 10 Mar 2016
"From Jerusalem to Athens: A Journey of Pentecostal Pedagogy in Australia" (2015), APTA Theological Symposium, Taiwan, 07 Sep 2015
Co-presenter: Austin, D
- "Beyond Our Horizon: A Theological Framework for Pentecostal Engagement with a Globalized World" (2015), Society for Pentecostal Studies, Lakeland, Florida, 12 Mar 2015
- "Beyond Our Horizon: A Theological Framework for Pentecostal Engagement with a Globalized World" (2015), 44th Annual Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies, Lakeland, Florida, 12 Mar 2015
American Academy of Religion (since 2015)
Asia Pacific Theological Association (since 2017)
Association for Tertiary Education Management (since 2015)
Society for Pentecostal Studies (since 2014)
- Lee Burns, TBC (Doctoral Thesis)
If you’d like to contact David, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.