The Diploma of Entrepreneurship and Diploma of Ministry is a double diploma designed to produce graduates who embody integrity and can combine Christian leadership principles with entrepreneurial skills to make a positive contribution in business, ministry or both
This 1.5 year program combines hands-on training in Ideation, Customer Research, Startups with Biblical principles to prepare you for bi-vocational ministry. Every participant will be working on their Startup idea, or with a Startup, providing valuable practice in developing an entrepreneurial mindset and critical skills such as self-awareness and tenacity.
The course is run by Christian entrepreneurs, and offers access to a network of experienced entrepreneurs, a Startup Incubator and Accelerator, and the possibility of exclusive venture capital funding.
AC is committed to providing academic pathways for students. These courses of study allow flexibility for students who may wish to start with a short undergraduate course before committing to one of AC’s bachelor degrees.
This double diploma arrangement is based on the three semesters (each of 13 weeks duration), with four subjects taught in each semester. It comprises:
- 9 Core Subjects (90 credit points)
- 3 Elective Subjects (30 credit points)
To qualify for award of the degree of Diploma of Entrepreneurship and Diploma of Ministry a candidate shall accrue an aggregate of at least 120 credit points.
Core / 9 Subjects (90 credit points)
- ACA001 Faith and Purpose
- EXP001 Professional Practice
- EXP007 Professional Practice in Business
- MIN001 Introduction to Pastoral Ministry
- MIN012 Character Formation and Ministry
- ENT001 Entrepreneurship Foundations
- ENT002 Idea to Opportunity
- ENT003 Customer Research
- BIB009 Old Testament Foundations OR BIB010 New Testament Foundations
Electives / 3 Subjects (30 credit points)
For more details on which subjects you can choose, see the current enrolment guide for this course.
Rules of Progression
Any rules of progress defined in the Diploma of Entrepreneurship or Diploma of Ministry apply.
Applicants with Recent Secondary Education (within the past 2 years)
Applicants with recent high school education only will demonstrate completion of the NSW Higher School Certificate, or the completion of the interstate or overseas equivalent qualification.
Applicants with Vocational Education and Training (VET) Study
Applicants with a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification will demonstrate the completion of a Certificate III or higher qualification awarded by an authorised institution or registered training organisation (RTO).
Applicants with Higher Education Study
Applicants whose highest level of study enrolment since leaving secondary education is a higher education qualification will demonstrate the completion of an AQF Level 5 Diploma (or higher) by an authorised institution for admission into this course.
Applicants with Work and Life Experience
Applicants who have not completed formal higher education study are eligible for direct entry into this course.
If English is not the applicant’s first language or if their first degree was awarded in a non English speaking nation, they will be required to show proficiency in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (or equivalent) with an overall IELTS (or equivalent) score of at least 5.5, with a score of not less than 5.0 in any of the four skill areas, or equivalent.
Applicants may be required to attend a pre-admission interview with the Program Director to determine suitability for the course.
Delivery Mode*: Face-to-Face (Campus class), Online Live (Zoom class), Online Recorded
Locations**: Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Hobart, Melbourne, Adelaide, Online
Duration: 1.5 years (three semesters) full-time, or up to five years part-time.
Intakes: Semester 1, Semester 2
* Our study modes are flexible so you can mix-and-match different modes throughout your course to fit your needs. For example, a face-to-face student can choose to attend some classes online or an online student may choose to take some subjects face-to-face.
** Some subjects may only be available in certain study modes each semester. Please check the timetable for the most up-to-date information. Face-to-face classes can be delivered weekly or via intensives, where the subject is delivered in a block over consecutive weekdays and/or weekends. Some subjects must be completed face-to-face to meet professional accreditation requirements.
Course Learning Outcomes
- general understanding of key issues, recent scholarship and practices within the discipline areas of entrepreneurship and ministry, consistent with a Christian worldview;
- depth of understanding of practical fieldwork;
- technical and theoretical understanding of basic research principles and methods, and knowledge of research approaches used in the discipline areas of entrepreneurship and ministry.
Demonstrated ability to:
- identify, analyse and synthesise theoretical knowledge in the discipline areas of entrepreneurship and ministry;
- examine a complex problem or presenting issues using appropriate ministry and entrepreneurship methodologies and theories;
- communicate technical and creative skills to express ministry ideas and perspectives;
- communicate effectively and creatively ideas and perspectives on key issues, recent scholarship and practices in ministry and entrepreneurship to peers and general audiences in diverse contexts;
- apply theoretical and technical knowledge and skills acquired within the specialist area of ministry in a range of professional contexts to develop appropriate solutions to entrepreneurship issues;
- work independently, responsibly and with the level expected in a broad range of professional, ministry, and entrepreneurship contexts;
- collaborate in team projects to make a positive contribution toward social issues;
- undertake self-reflection and evaluation of performance for the purpose of vocational development.
Graduates of this course of study may find employment in a relevant occupational field, such as: business and professional organisations; mission-based or not-for-profit organisations or educational institutions that require skills in creative and innovative thinking.
"My studies are helping me to see myself in the way that God sees me. Something that I love about the course so far is the relationship that I am growing with God. This course is encouraging me to have a deeper and more intimate relationship with him. I'm excited to see where he takes me. I feel like this course is calling me to areas of leadership that I'm passionate about such as education, business and ministry."
For more information on the suite of student support services available, please see our Student Services section.