LIBRARY CAMPUS BRANCHES - MELBOURNE
AC MELBOURNE CAMPUSLevel 4, 350 Queen Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia
In response to further guidance in the PM’s address on Tuesday night (24/3), and keeping your wellbeing as our priority, the AC campus library facilities will be closed to patrons effective 5PM on Thursday, March 26th, until further notice. But do not worry, we are offering most of our normal services.
Here are the services you can continue to access:
- To request a loan, email the library. We will retrieve it, loan it to you and arrange for contactless pick-up outside the campus library = Library ‘take away’!
- To request a copy of a chapter in a book, fill in the Collection Copy Request Form and we'll email it to you
- Additional resources are also available through our online databases accessible via Moodle
- Ebook access continues as normal
- Access to librarians for questions via email continues as normal – starting next week, you can contact a librarian via a chat feature in Moodle for synchronous conversation during business hours.
In summary, we are still here to support you in your studies (from a socially appropriate distance, of course)!
Kerrie Stevens, Director of Library Services
The library features a predominantly theological collection of over 46,500 items. Collection strengths include ministry, missions, and theology. The physical collection is complemented by hundreds of ebooks and a number of databases to ensure you find what you’re looking for. Currently, the collection is searchable via a separate library catalogue to the rest of AC libraries, but it’s easy, and free registration is available for database access. Click here (link to https://library.harvest.edu.au ). The library features study desks and student computers as well as a reading lounge so you can get comfortable. New books and journals are on display and updated regularly so you can easily see what’s new. There is a student photocopier and printer as well as other resources like Asian-language materials, large-size maps and posters, pamphlets, theses and audio-visual collections which enhance the overall collection significantly.
Kerrie Stevens has been the Librarian at the Melbourne campus for 16+ years and still loves her job! She is dedicated to helping you find what you need, when you need it. Contact our staff in Melbourne: email@example.com