Rev. Dr Daryl PottsProgram Director - Bachelor of Ministry & Associate Degree in Ministry
Contact Daryl Potts
Daryl J Potts is the Program Director for the Bachelor of Ministry Program and the Associate Degree Program. Daryl’s particular area of expertise is in pastoral praxis and managing the spill-over of ministry work and responsibilities into the relational areas of the minister’s marriage and family. Daryl's Doctoral Thesis investigated the impact that being involved in ministry has upon the family life of the minister. Daryl lectures in ministry based courses such as Church and Society, Foundations of Pastoral Ministry, Pastoral Administration and Management, Communicating the Christian Faith, Preaching, Healing Ministry and Pentecostal Practices for Ministry.
Prior to joining us at Alphacrucis College Daryl was involved in pastoral ministry for over thirty years, starting out as a Youth Pastor upon his graduation from Bible College, and then being involved in pioneer, mid-size, large and mega churches in Associate and Senior pastoral roles in churches across Australia. He has served the AOG/ACC in various roles such as Youth Alive, District and Regional Leadership, State Executive membership and was Vice President on the State Executive in South Australia until he relocated to take up his role at Alphacrucis. He brings the wealth of these experiences as a pastor and leader to the ministry stream of our college.
Doctor of Philosophy (Alphacrucis College)
Dissertation Title The Triple "A" Theory of Ministry Function and Family Fulfilment 2018
Master of Arts (Leadership) (Sydney College of Divinity) 2008
DipMin (Ministry) (Commonwealth Bible College) 1984
Perceptions of Adult Pastor's Children regarding their Experiences of being a Pastor's Child
The Impact that being involved in ministry has upon family life.
Keys to managing the occupational demands of ministry life in a positive and productive manner.
How to activate true Pentecostal Ministry and Leadership in the 21st Century Church.
Field of Research
- 2204 Religion and Religious Studies
- Daryl J Potts (2020). As for Me and My House: Keys to a Flourishing Family and Fulfilled Ministry. .
- Daryl J Potts (2020). "Suffering in Silence: Examining the Silent Suffering of Christian Clergy Wives, A call to acknowledge their voice and value.". The Journal of Pastoral Care and Counselling, .
- Potts, Daryl J (2020). Heaven's Highway or Hell on Wheels. ACC E_Magazine, Sept 2020. | AC Link
- Daryl J Potts (2020). "The Triple ‘A’ Formula for Flourishing Ministry Families: An analysis of the ministry/family journey of credentialed ministers and their spouses within the Australian Christian Churches". Pastoral Psychology, Volume 69, Issue 2 (June 2020) 149 - 167. | Link to journal | External link | AC Link
- The Violence of Silence: The Silent Suffering of Pentecostal Pastor's Wives (2021), Society of Pentecostal Studies Conference - A Pentecostal Response to Global Violence Against Women, Dallas, Texas via Zoom, 20 Mar 2021
- Professional Development for Pastors and their Families (2018), Professional Development Day - Melbourne, Alphacrucis, Melbourne, 26 Jul 2018
- Ministry Stress, Burnout, & Compassion Fatigue (2018), AC Alumni Presentation - Brisbane, AC Brisbane, 07 Jul 2018
- Radio Interview on LIFE FM South Australia (2020), Father's Day and Family, Adelaide, SA, 06 Sep 2020
- Family Well Being (2019), LIFE FM Interview on a Talkback Radio Program, Adelaide SA, 05 May 2019
- Radio Interview Regarding my research on Ministers and their Families (2019), Radio Interview, Radio Northern Beaches, Sydney, NSW, Northern Beaches, Sydney, NSW, 04 Feb 2019
- Ministers and their Families (2018), LIFE FM Interview on a Talkback Radio Program, Adelaide SA, 23 Sep 2018
Creative Production or Composition
- Daryl J Potts (2018). Podcast - Ministers and their Families. . | External link
- Potts, Daryl J. (2020). Heaven's Highway or Hell on Wheels. ACC E-Magazine, Sept 2020.
Britain Ireland Association of Practical Theologians (since 2019)
Society for Pastoral Theology (since 2019)
Society for Pentecosta Studies (since 2018)
- LEA802 Advanced Studies in Leadership
- MIN101 Introduction to Pastoral Ministry
- MIN201 Pastoral Administration and Management
- MIN202 Communicating the Christian Faith
- MIN203 Preaching
- MIN204 Healing Ministry
- MIN205 Church and Society
- MIN206 Pentecostal Ministry Foundations
- MIN302 Discipleship
- MIN304 Church Planting
- MIN306 Advanced Pastoral Ministry
- MIN401 Foundations of Pastoral Ministry
- MIN401(MCS) Foundations of Pastoral Theology
- MIN502 The Evangelism-Discipleship Continuum
- MIN502(MCS) Theory and Practice of Evangelism
- MIN503 Pentecostal Ministry Foundations
- MIN503(MCS) Contemporary Preaching
- MIN504(MCS) Ministry of Healing
- MIN505(MCS) Discipleship
- MIN506 Healing Ministry
- MIN507 Church and Society
- MIN508 Church Planting
- MIN509 Discipleship
- MIN510 Communicating the Christian Faith
- MIN601 Theory and Practice in Ministry
- MIN802 Advanced Studies in Ministry
- RES801 Survey of Research Methods
- RES802 Research Thesis
- Rengger, J., Exploring the interdependent nature of discovering theological insights through analysing volunteer pastoral care experiences (Doctoral Thesis)
- Chehade, D., The high risk legal and human resource environment of religious organisations (Doctoral Thesis)
- Bucknell, Trevor, Leadership in Pentecostal Churches (Doctoral Thesis), 2024
- Crouch, D., Pathways for Women in the Pentecostal Church (Doctoral Thesis), 2024
- Menzal, M., The impact that pornography has upon the wives of those who engage in such (Doctoral Thesis), 2023
- Rhodes, J., Australian Pentecostal Healing Practices (Doctoral Thesis), 2022
- Kruithoff, I., Factors that may assist mono-ethnic churches in increasing their longevity transgenerationally. (Doctoral Thesis), 2022
- Hepplewhite, G., Academic Pathways for Women in Christian Institutions (Doctoral Thesis), 2021
- Minahan, T., Re-engineering stagnate churches (Masters Project/Thesis), 2020
- Kenny, P., Burnout amongst Church Planters (Masters Project/Thesis), 2020
- Heaseung Jeong, The current situation of Korean migrant churches and their missiological tasks in Australia (Masters Project/Thesis), 2019
- Raggoo, P., Australia, Gen Z and the gospel (Masters Project/Thesis), 2019
- Sam Haidar, “Outsider” ministry: a case study of establishing an Arabic church in Perth 1989-2010 (Masters Project/Thesis), 2019
- Cheng, B., Giving & Generosity in Pentecostal Churches (Masters Project/Thesis), 2019
- Baumann, H., The impact of the decline of Women attending American Mailine Churches (Masters Project/Thesis), 2018
- Beaumann, H., Women Attendance and the American Protestant Church (Masters Project/Thesis), 2018
- Haliman, D., An evaluation of the effectiveness of ministries in making disciples at Bridge Church. (Masters Project/Thesis), 2018
- Folagbade, A., Mono Ethnic Churches (Masters Project/Thesis), 2018
- Rivas, H., A Home for the Spiritually Displaced (Masters Project/Thesis), 2017
If you’d like to contact Daryl, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.