Professor Stephen FogartyPresident
Contact Stephen Fogarty
Stephen is a member of the Faculty of Business, and specialises in the following areas: Organisational Leadership, Church Leadership, and Volunteer Motivation.
Stephen is married to Sandra, and together they have three married children and partners, and four grandchildren. He is President of Alphacrucis College. He also chairs the Asia Pacific Theological Association, Alphacrucis College New Zealand, and is a board member of Asia Pacific Theological Seminary and the World Alliance for Pentecostal Theological Education. His book Light a Fire: How to Effectively Motivate Volunteers in Your Church (Australasian Pentecostal Studies, 2016) examines the relationship between leader behaviour and volunteer motivation. Stephen teaches in the areas of leadership and ministry.
PhD (Organisational Leadership) (Regent University)
Dissertation Title The Impact of Senior Pastor Leadership Behaviors on Volunteer Motivation 2013
Master of Arts (Theology) (Australian College of Theology) 2000
Bachelor of Arts (Economics) (Murdoch University) 1981
Diploma (Bible and Christian Ministries) (Commonwealth Bible College) 1984
Church and not-for-profit organisational leadership.
- Fogarty S. G.(2016). Light a Fire: How to effectively motivate volunteers in your church. Parramatta, Australia: Australasian Pentecostal Studies.
- Fountain, A. K.(Ed.), Fogarty, S. G.(2016). Theological education in a cross-cultural context: Essays in honor of John and Bea Carter In Fogarty, S. G., Is servant leadership effective in motivating volunteers? (pp. ). Baguio City, Philippines: APTS Press.
- Fogarty, S. G.(2011). The servant leadership of David Yonggi Cho. Australasian Pentecostal Studies, 14.
- Fogarty, S. G.(2010). The dark side of charismatic leadership. Australasian Pentecostal Studies, 13.
- Fogarty, S. G.(2009). Gender and leadership behaviour among senior pastors. Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies, 12 (2).
- Is servant leadership effective church leadership? (2016), 45th Annual Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies, Los Angeles, USA, 01 Jan 2016
- Is servant leadership effective in motivating volunteers? (2015), Asia Pacific Theological Association Theological Symposium, Taipei, Taiwan, 01 Jan 2015
- A grounded theory study of church leadership processes (2014), XIII International Studying Leadership Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark, 01 Jan 2014
- Effective leadership in Australian Christian Churches (2013), World Alliance for Pentecostal Theological Education Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 01 Jan 2013
- How leaders impact the motivation of organisation members (2013), International Conference on Pentecostal Theology, Sydney, Australia, 01 Jan 2013
- The impact of senior pastor leadership behaviour on volunteer motivation (2013), XII International Studying Leadership Conference, Rome, Italy, 01 Jan 2013
- Transformational and transactional leadership in Australian Christian Churches (2013), E21 Scholars Conference, Sydney, Australia, 01 Jan 2013
- The servant leadership of David Yonggi Cho (2011), Youngsan International Theological Symposium, Seoul, Korea, 01 Jan 2011
- The dark side of charismatic leadership (2010), Asia Pacific Theological Association Theological Symposium, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 01 Jan 2010
If you’d like to contact Stephen, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.