Approach to Pedagogy Policy
The purpose of this policy is to outline the approach to education at Alphacrucis University College (AC).
Whole of AC
• That program design will incorporate approaches which encourage free intellectual inquiry, as well as the systematic development and advancement of a student’s knowledge.
• That program design will incorporate key approaches to knowledge, skills and values so as to both comply with Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) requirements, and to further the Graduate Attributes of AC.
• That Christian worldview will form part of each program (though not necessarily each unit) offered by AC.
• That teaching methods are engaging and inclusive of diversity, including multiple learning styles.
• That programs concentrate on developing the communication skills of students across a range of styles and media.
• That programs involve flexible learning options including a variety of modes of delivery.
• That programs develop from fundamental to advanced notions in a manner which is suitable to the level of the award being taught, and that these notions be organised into subjects in such a way as to facilitate:
a. Movement between schools within and outside of AC.
b. Flexibility by allowing identifiable points of re-entry after a period of absence;
c. Recognition of Prior Learning, and transfer of credit with other national framework recognised programs, and
d. Articulation into postgraduate programs
• That program and subject materials be carefully constructed so as to scaffold students into optimal learning environments.
• That programs and teaching methods will be current and relevant to program objectives and student interests.
• That programs will develop the English language proficiency of students
Responsible for implementation
Learning and Teaching Committee
Faculty and students