Request For Extension Form - Higher Education & VET
Extensions should be applied for before the due date.
Extensions are granted upon the following criteria:
- Medical illness (requires a doctors certificate)
- Extreme hardship
- “Extreme hardship” is not: computer breakdown, too much work, etc.
- The following circumstances are not considered unexpected or outside the student’s control:
- the student’s normal employment commitments
- difficulties adjusting to the demands of academic work
- poor English language skills
- stress or anxiety normally associated with assessment tasks
- lack of knowledge of the assessment task requirements
- misreading an exam timetable, exam centre selection or assessment deadline, and
- demands of sport, clubs, social or extra-curricular activity other than selection for state, national or international events.
- Compassionate grounds
- Faculty supervised project amendment
Each application is considered on a case–by–case basis. In the form, please make your case considering the above criteria. Also please propose a date for when your assignment would be completed—which is normally within 7 calendar days of the due date. However, longer extensions will be considered.
Please note: No assessment will be accepted beyond the final extension due date.