Details for Introduction to Business Legal Environments and Ethics
Do you want to conduct business in an ethical, legal and God honouring way?
It is essential for small business owners, managers, and even Church leaders to have a basic understanding of business law to allow them to make sound judgments that accord with both the law and high ethical standards. The law sets acceptable behaviour standards and provides protection for all people involved in business. This subject seeks to introduce you to purpose, creation and implementation of law, and provides a reasonable understanding of how business needs to be conducted.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: BUS003
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Ka Lun Kenelm Chan
Awards offering Introduction to Business Legal Environments and Ethics
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Describe the ethical environment of business;
- Identify and explain an understanding of a business legal environment;
- Discuss governance issues within a regulatory environment;
- Report on your understanding of the legal and ethical environment of business from a Christian or faith perspective.
- Principles of Australian law
- Incorporations Act
- Tort/Civil Law
- Consumer Law & Contract Law
- Ethical and theological perspectives
- Indigenous Australian Business Engagement
- Models and practices
- Not-for-profit sector
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to face (onsite)
- eLearning (online)
- Tests (30%)
- Case Study (30%)
- Essay Outline and Proposal (15%)
- Essay (25%)
- Gibson, Andy, and Sarah Osborne. Business Law. 11th ed. Melbourne: Pearson Education Australia, 2019.
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any texts