Details for Film and Television
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: ENG302
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Daniel Carrigy
Awards offering Film and Television
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Assess the intertextual and transtextual nature of multimedia texts.
- Analyse and compare multimedia texts through the identification of the structural, conventional, and stylistic features they use.
- Examine evidence to develop, support, and justify a critical interpretation of a multimedia text/s.
- Analyse how ideas, perspectives, values, and world views are represented in texts and how they are received by audiences.
- Introduction to Film, Television, and Multimedia
- Classic Cinema: The Golden Age of Hollywood
- Genre and Expectation
- Film and Adaptation
- Contemporary Film: Stylists and Blockbusters
- Contemporary Television: Meaning in the Streaming
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (on site)
- E-Learning (online)
- Forum Posts (20%)
- Minor Essay (30%)
- Major Essay (50%)
There is no prescribed text. Students are responsible for accessing the texts featured in this unit in the same way they would be for books, novels, etc. The Moodle page will outline where these texts can be located (AC library, , streaming services, etc.)