Details for Entrepreneurship Professional Practice
Note: This subject will come into effect from Semester 2 (2023) onwards, and will replace EXP001 in the Diploma of Entrepreneurship.
Itching to connect the realm of the classroom with some real-life experience? Professional Practice is designed with just this aim in mind. Students will have the have the chance to engage academically with issues pertaining to Entrepreneurship plus experience a hands-on placement.
Working with an experienced supervisory mentor, students will complete a 100 hour placement over the course of semester(or split into 50 hour placements over 2 semesters), with a variety of formats to choose from.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: EXP008
- Credit points: 10
Awards offering Entrepreneurship Professional Practice
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Develop a workplace plan for the industry/field of professional practice;
- Apply workplace competencies to real-life contexts and workplace situations;
- Evaluate the development of professional skills acquired;
- Evaluate the realities of working in the industry/ field of the professional practice.
- Introduction to professional placement
- Establishing ground rules
- Personal administration
- Discipling and mentoring
- Sharing skills and experiences
- Conflict resolution
- Communication skills
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to face on site
- E-learning (online)
- Extensive: 15 hours of class spread over the semester + 105 hours out of class time for research, writing, and completion of assigned tasks. Students are expected to complete 100 hours of actual work placement for this subject within this allocated workload.
Access to a workplace context with resources relevant to entrepreneurship professional practice.
- Workplace Plan (25%)
- Logbook (25%)
- Professional Portfolio (25%)
- Case Study Presentation (25%)
Please see here for resource information