Details for Professional Experience
This subject affords the Teacher Education Student (TES) an opportunity to consolidate and integrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes previously developed in other PEX placements. This PEX is a 20-day primary PEX.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: EXP321
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Philip Fitzsimmons
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering Professional Experience
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Bachelor of Arts (Education Studies)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
This subject affords the Teacher Education Student (TES) an opportunity to consolidate and integrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes previously developed in other PEX placements. This PEX is a 20-day primary PEX. The subject will focus on meaningful and authentic learning tasks and contexts, giving specific attention to the design, development, implementation, student assessment and evaluation of units of work. The TES will develop increasing autonomy in the classroom and take greater responsibility for observing, planning, teaching and assessing and reporting. It will focus on the process-driven and critically reflective nature of curriculum work, applying this to the specific needs of the primary context and learners (K-6). The TES will learn integrative processes and practices and cross-curricular priorities and reflect upon a range of disciplinary approaches to curriculum. Other skills will also be embedded including communication with parents/carers and a community focused approach.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of a range of curriculum models, orientations and elements for primary contexts (K-6);
- Describe strategies that link issues relevant to the primary context to the practices of curriculum policy and design;
- Critique by observation and reflection how to creative a positive, safe and engaging learning environment, in the context of a school community;
- Plan, implement and review units of work and develop required coherent, logical and engaging resources;
- Operating with increasing autonomy, confidence and competence in learning and teaching within a Christian or alternate school context.
This course may be offered in the following formats
This subject involves mandatory professional experience in an early childhood service
- Observational Journal
- Performance Review
- References will include the most current curriculum requirements for schools.
Check with the instructor each semester before purchasing any prescribed texts or representative references