Details for Independent Study in Specific Creative Arts
This subject is highly practical, involving constructive peer feedback and weekly in-class concerts. Students will perform solo and in ensembles, across a wide range of genres. Focus will also be given to key performance techniques including audience perception, performance stress, and holistic preparation.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: MUS020
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Daniel Thornton
Awards offering Independent Study in Specific Creative Arts
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Define the successful expression or outcome of the chosen Creative Art.
- Describe the response of those to whom the Creative Art is applied or exhibited.
- Reproduce effective preparations.
- Discuss appropriate details with relevant personnel.
- Express your chosen Creative Art.
- Introduction to Independent Study in Specific Creative Arts
- Analytical tools
- The ‘audience’
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Onsite (face-to-face)
- Online (e-Learning)
- Performance/Recording/Teaching Reviews (25%)
- Rehearsal(s)/Planning documents (25%)
- Performance/Recordings/Teaching (50%)
- Primary readings provided