Details for Music Ensembles
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: MUS035
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Daniel Thornton
Awards offering Music Ensembles
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Identify elements contributing to the success of performances.
- Explain the factors contributing to effective ensemble playing.
- Reproduce effective rehearsals and performance preparations
- Select performance styles and techniques to serve the objectives of the ensemble.
- Discuss the audience engagement in and appreciation of performances.
- The nature of performing, and the performer
- Evaluating performances
- Performance craft
- Performance preparation
- Performance organisation
- Negotiating, contracts, and invoicing
- Lessons, mentors, and peers
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Onsite (face-to-face)
- Online (e-Learning)
- Performance Reviews (20%)
- Group Rehearsals (15%)
- Performance(s) (50%)
- Performance Evaluation (15%)
- Primary readings provided