Details for Leadership Research Project
This is the capstone subject of the Master of Leadership course (unless you're doing the 20cp RES501 because you intend to pursue an HDR award). RES591 is designed to be a culminating research-based project that builds on all that you've learnt throughout the course, and produce a useful piece of scholarship for your organisation, context, or future aspirations. It is highly flexible in terms of output, but still requires students to develop skills in creating an appropriate leadership oriented research question, and mastering the disciplinary methods appropriate to answering that question.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: RES591
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Duane Van Vuuren
The following courses are prerequisites or co-requisites:
- At least 60 credit points
Awards offering Leadership Research Project
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
Students will identify a leadership-related research question which is answerable within the scope of the project. They will create a project plan, selecting appropriate research methods, exploring extant literature, and producing scholarly output in a useful format.
- Construct a leadership-related research question that is answerable within the scope of this project
- Select the appropriate research method(s) to address the question
- Assess the extant scholarly literature that best informs your research
- Create research output that addresses the research question in line with the project plan, method(s) and literature.
- As determined with supervisor
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Onsite (on-campus)
- E-learning (online)
- Research Proposal (20%)
- Annotated Bibliography (20%)
- Research Project (60%)