Details for Psychology of Emotion
Throughout this unit students will have opportunity to engage with their emotions as a basis of understanding the emotions of others. Topics explored include: common mental health issues, loss and grief support and self-care.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: SSC001
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Leeanne Cameron
Awards offering Psychology of Emotion
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal emotional development;
- Recognise reactions to grief and loss and engage empathically;
- Reflect on the importance of care for self;
- Practice respectful relationships with people with mental health issues and determine key needs.
- Engaging with your emotions as the basis of understanding the emotions of others
- Grief and care support
- Normal and abnormality as it relates to mental health and disability
- Exploring common mental health issues
- Local resources and referral protocols
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Intensives + E-learning (online) as follows: 2 x three day Intensives = 36 hours + approx 84 hours additional online lectures, time for research, writing, ancillary activities associated with completion of assigned tasks.
Note: Intensives 1 and 2 are required to complete this unit.
- Essay (30%)
- Reflection (40%)
- Group Presentation (30%)
- Primary readings provided