Details for Field Placement - Counselling
Plese note: This subject will become available from Semester 2 (2023) onwards and will replace SSC300 in the Counselling specialisation of the Bachelor of Applied Social Sciences.
This subject provides opportunities for students to integrate theory and practice through a supervised work integrated learning placement. This subject consists of a 100-hour placement that students complete in their final semester of study. The placement is completed within an organisation that correlates with the counselling specialisation.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: SSC310
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Elizabeth Skinner
The following subjects are prerequisites:
The following subjects are co-requisites:
Awards offering Field Placement - Counselling
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Apply experience from previous work experiences, learning gained in the course, and growth from critical reflection on these to develop professional competence in a range of contexts;
- Recognise your role in the placement environment, using reflective practice to balance your strengths and limitations;
- Critically reflect on and evaluate your practice in line with current supervisors, addressing areas identified for growth from session to session;
- Employ self-discipline in professional and personal areas, work to a professional timetable and continue in the process of personal and professional development.
- Supervised practical experience which offers opportunity for observation, client contact, reflection and critical supervision
- Experience of the working practices of the placement context and operating within its administrative framework
- Opportunity to explore, discuss and share their personal growth in relationship to placement
- Participating in a professional supervised relationship
This course may be offered in the following formats
N/A as placement subject. This subject is offered in Semester 1 and Semester 2.
- Placement Log Book (40%)
- Supervision, PD and Research Portfolio (60%)
- Cleak, H.M., & Wilson, J. (2019). Making the most of field placement (4th ed.). South Melbourne: Cengage Learning Australia.