Ps Grant BuchananAssociate Lecturer in Ministry, Program Director - Bachelor of Theology
Contact Grant Buchanan
Grant came to Australia to take a position in an ACC church in Melbourne’s SE suburbs primarily as Creative Ministries and Small Groups Pastor. From 2010-2015, he covered a number of part time roles apart from his teaching, including chaplaincy and counselling. He re-joined the Harvest Bible College Staff in 2015 as Dean of Learning and Teaching and is currently the BTh Program director with AC. He is presently completing his PhD at University of Divinity in Melbourne looking at a pneumatological reading of Galatians and how this impacts identity. He is active as an itinerant speaker, and though not on paid staff, is a part of the leadership team of a missional church in Beaconsfield.
As a pastor, counsellor and teacher, Grant continues to engage in pastoral care and counselling helping encourage and equip people for life and ministry. Grant has a passion to see people find their true sense of identity and, consequently, their passion and purpose in all they are and do.
When not drinking coffee, talking coffee and thinking coffe, Grant spends time reading, at the gym and time with his wife Trudy, his two boys, Joel and Zac, and friends. Both he and Trudy love exploring the various eating precincts of Melbourne. He enjoys NZ Rugby, AFL and action movies. As a musician for many years his taste varies from Blues through Rock to some forms of Jazz. He loves flying and previously worked as a flight instructor. Travel for love and ministry is high on the agenda, so he and Trudy are looking forward to frequent holidays and ministering within Australia and beyond.
PhD (Cand.) (University of Divinity) 2019
MA (Min) (Harvest Bible College) 2010
Grad Cert (Research Methodologies) (University of Divinity) 2013
BTh (Otago University) 2006
Dip Counselling (AIPC) 2011
MiDip (Bible College of New Zealand) 1998
Cert IV TAE (Sarina Russo) 2013
Christology, Soteriology, Trinitarian Theology, Biblical Hermeneutics, The Gospels, Pauline Letters and Theology – especially Romans and Galatians, Missional Church, and the integration of psychology and faith
- Buchanan, G. (2013). Shifting Sands and Uncertain Waters: Leadership challenges and potentials in the midst of discontinuous change In Jon Newton (ed.), New Frontiers: Redefining Christian Ministry in 21st Century Contexts (pp. ). Mosaic Press: Melbourne.
- Ware, VA., Ware, A., Clarke, M. and Buchanan, G. (2013). Why Western Based, Pentecostal mission organizations undertake community development in South East Asia In Clarke, M. (ed.), Handbook of Research on Development and Religion (pp. ). Edward Elgar: Cheltenham, UK; Northampton, MA.
- Buchanan, G. (2013). L’implication des missionnaires pentecôtistes dans l’aide au développement en Asie du Sud-Est. Social Compass, 60, No. 4 488-502.
- Buchanan, G. (2017). The End of Captivity? A Primates Reflections on Zoos, Conservation, and Christian Ethics by Tripp York. Journal of Contemporary Ministry, No. 3 138-140.
- Buchanan, G. (2017). Created Led by the Spirit: Planting Missional Congregations edited by Mary Sue Dehmlow Dreier. Journal of Contemporary Ministry, No. 3 129–130.
- Buchanan, G. (2016). The Rebirth of the Church: Applying Paul’s Vision for Ministry in Our Post-Christian World by Eddie Gibbs. Journal of Contemporary Ministry, No. 2 101-103.
Fellwoship of Biblical Studiies (since 2010)
SBL (since 2016)
- BIB352 Romans and Galatians
- RES101 Introduction to Academic Writing and Research
- THE001 Christian Worldview
- THE004 Ethics in Ministry
- THE101 Christian Worldview
- THE201 Christian Ethics
- THE202 Christ and Salvation
- THE311 Ecclesiology
- THE401 Christian Worldview
- THE501(MCS) Christ and Salvation
- THE504 Christian Ethics
If you’d like to contact Grant, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.