Rev. Dr. Ki-Tae SongGlobal Online Program Director
Contact Ki-Tae Song
Dr Song started his career as a journalist. He first worked
in secular press companies and soon after moved into the Christian media companies.
He was the chief editor for the largest Christian magazines in Korea: “Salt and
Light” and “Ministry and Theology”. Both magazines were featured in the “This
Year Magazine”, a print published by the Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism
under the Korean government. Both magazines were awarded the top prize on many
During this time he conducted many survey questionnaires and analysed several social trends through a Christian perspective, making objective assessments through statistics. He pioneered this style in Korea, writing dozens of theses and articles.
In 1995, Dr Song immigrated to Australia with his family. Whilst pastoring a Korean congregation he experienced the difficulties of living as a Korean diaspora in Australia as well as the difficulties of pastoral ministry. In an effort to understand and solve these difficulties he started studying counselling and leadership. He took a deep interest in people’s character strengths and focused his research on bringing out people’s dormant character strengths.
Having had significant experience teaching theology in Korea, he started teaching in the Alphacrusis College Korean Program from its first opening. During his short time away from Alphacrusis he had taught and directed the Korean program at various other seminaries.
From his beginnings as a journalist until now, for over 30 years, he has consistently contributed to daily, weekly and monthly magazines and newspapers. Through a regular column and essays he publishes his ongoing thoughts.
He has published 2 books and several dozen articles.
DCC (Canada Christian College)
Dissertation Title The Influence of Character Strength in Church Community Leadership 2014
MA (Kyung Hee University) 1991
BTh (Sung Kyul University) 1990
BSc (Gyungsang National University) 1982
Positive Psychology and Biblical Leadership
Field of Research
- 1701 Psychology
- Song, K. T (2018). N Leadership (N=Nehemiah). Christian Press, Seoul. | AC Link
- Song, K. T.(2006). Conquering the World with the Holy Spirit. Qumran Press, Seoul.
- Song, K.T.(2019). An Analysis of the Leadership Style in the Diaspora Church through the Lens of Character Strengths - Focus on the Diaspora Church Leaders in Sydney. Journal of The Korean Society of Mission Studies, Vol. 3-2019. 20-64.
- Song, K. T.(2018). A Study of Biblical Figures and Their Character Strengths through the Lens of Positive Psychology. Text and Context, Vol 4. 57-118.
- Song, K. T.(2016). Leadership of Small Group Leaders in Christian Communities. Text and Context, Vol 3. 107-148.
- Song, K. T.(2014). Spiritual Mentoring within the Christian Community. Text and Context, Vol 2, 19-40.
If you’d like to contact Ki-Tae, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.