Rev Dr Nigel PegramDoctor of Ministry Program Director
Contact Nigel Pegram
DMin (Tabor Adelaide)
Dissertation Title Emotional Intelligence and the Prevention of Ministry Burnout 2015
MTh (Melbourne College of Divinity)
Dissertation Title Exegetical Issues in Hosea 1-3 1999
BTh (Hons) (Murdoch University)
Dissertation Title The Translation of אַף כִּי־ Using Functional Grammar 1989
DipMin (Hons) (Churches of Christ Theological College, Mulgrave, Vic) 2000
The person and practice of ministry, particularly sustainability in ministry. Other ministry interests include teamwork, leadership, spiritual formation, and organisational leadership. Biblical studies is another key area, with an emphasis on the Hebrew Bible.
- Pegram, N.D. & Tan R. (2010). Ministry Life Skills Foundations. Minstry Life Skills Centre, Perth.
- Pegram, N.D.(2012). Emotional Intelligence and Ministry Burnout In Jon Newton, New Frontiers: Redefining Christian Ministry in 21st Century Contexts (pp. 154-188). Mosaic, Preston, Vic.
- Pegram, N. (2018). Emotion and Ministry, a Study in Research Methodology. Journal of Contemporary Ministry, 4 47-60. | Link to journal
- Pegram, N.D.(2017). Passion and Sustainable Ministry. Pointers: Bulletin of the Christian Research Association, 27(2) 7-10.
- Pegram, Nigel (2017). Appreciative Inquiry — A Strategy for Being a Healthy Church. Journal of Contemporary Ministry, 3 67-81. | Link to journal
- Moving forward in empirical ministry research: case studies in measuring emotional intelligence and passion in Christian ministry (2019), British and Irish Association for Practical Theology, Liverpool, UK, 09 Jul 2019
Addressing Workplace Injustice: The Contribution of Nonviolent Communication and Emotional Intelligence (2018), Ministry Research Conference, Knox, Vic, 06 Sep 2018
Co-presenter: Glamorgan, A.
Navigating Ministry Life Transitions (2017), Harvest Research Conference, Scoresby, Vic, 25 Aug 2017
Co-presenter: Buchanan, G.
- Emotion and ministry: in search of intelligence (2015), Harvest Ministry Research Conference, Scoresby, Vic, 28 Aug 2015
- Appreciative inquiry—a strategy for being a healthy church (2014), BIAPT Annual Conference, Edinburgh, UK, 15 Jul 2014
- Appreciative inquiry—a strategy for being a healthy church (2014), ANZATS Annual Conference, Fremantle, WA, 01 Jul 2014
- Appreciative inquiry—a strategy for being a healthy church (2013), Harvest Research Conference, Scoresby, Vic, 28 Aug 2013
- Emotional Intelligence and Ministry Burnout (2012), New Frontiers: Redefining Christian Ministry in 21st Century Contexts, Dandenong, Vic, 23 Aug 2012
- Pegram, N. (2016). Review of "The willpower instinct: how self-control works, why it matters, and what you can do to get more of it" by K. McGonigal. Journal of Contemporary Ministry, 2 109-110. | Link to journal
- Pegram, N.D.(1989). Book Review: Schiffrin, D., "Discourse Markers". Australian Journal of Linguistics, 9(2) 356-357. | Link to journal
Society for Pastoral Theology (since 2017)
The British & Irish Association for Practical Theology (BIAPT) (since 2013)
- BIB102 Introduction to Israel's Scriptures (Old Testament)
- BIB210 The Pentateuch
- BIB352 Romans and Galatians
- BIB402 Introduction to Israel's Scriptures (Old Testament)
- BIB520 The Pentateuch
- BIB562 Romans and Galatians
- LEA802 Advanced Studies in Leadership
- MIN202 Communicating the Christian Faith
- MIN302 Discipleship
- MIN305 Relationships
- MIN505 Relationships
- MIN505(MCS) Discipleship
- MIN510 Communicating the Christian Faith
- MIN802 Advanced Studies in Ministry
- RES801 Survey of Research Methods
- SSC101 Psychology Of Emotion
- SSC403 Psychology Of Emotion
- Andrew Drummond, Types of external expert helps/resources that people in ministry are using for the purpose of self-leadership amongst Pentecostal pastors (Masters Project/Thesis), 2017
- Matthew Law, Professional and Personal Staff Empowerment (Masters Project/Thesis), 2015
If you’d like to contact Nigel, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.