Details for Plan for the provision of pastoral and spiritual care
This unit allows a leader to prepare for pastoral care work by understanding boundaries and legislation that impact on ministry practice. The leader also Identifies processes and procedures for pastoral care support within and external to the organisation.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: CHCPAS001
- Credit points: 10
Awards offering Plan for the provision of pastoral and spiritual care
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Certificate IV in Ministry (Chaplaincy) (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
- Certificate IV in Ministry (Leadership) (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
- Diploma of Ministry (Leadership) - RPL (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
- Prepare for pastoral and spiritual care work:
- understanding legislation
- Identification of responsibilities
- identification of ethical standards
- Determine pastoral and spiritual care networks and resources:
- identification of existing services
- establishing relationships and networks
- crisis/escalation procedures
- Establish professional supervision
- Patton, J. Pastoral Care: An Essential Guide. Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press, 2005.
Please consult your instructor prior to purchasing any textbooks.