This course gives you the
opportunity to demonstrate the following essential skills and knowledge that
you’ve acquired throughout your experience in professional ministry:
- Ability to apply ethical decision-making principles;
- Ability to interpret biblical passages and communicate their significance;
- Ability to identify and apply a Christian worldview and values;
- Demonstration of general leadership skills in a ministry context;
- Ability to execute pastoral ministry in a broad range of contexts;
- General research skills, particularly the ability to gather, understand, evaluate and analyse information.
This course comprises 12 units of competency to be completed over 1 semester and consists of:
- 8 Core and Stream Units
- 4 Elective units
8 Core and Stream Units
- MINTHE501 Apply Christian ethical principles
- MINPAS501 Implement and evaluate a ministry activity
- CHCPAS001 Plan for the provision of pastoral and spiritual care
- MINBIB501 Investigate and interpret biblical data
- MINTHE401 Understand and apply a Christian theology
- MINCOM501 Preach a Sermon
- LEDLED501 Acquire Leadership Skills
- BSBLDR403 Lead Team Effectiveness
- MINPAS402 Work in a Ministry Team
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- MINBIB401 Effectively communicate the principles of the Old Testament
- MINBIB402 Effectively communicate the principles of the New Testament
Essential Requirements: Nil.
- For prospective students from a non-English speaking background, an IELTS Score of 5.5 (or demonstrate equivalent English proficiency) is recommended.
- Five years ministry experience and a recognised ministry credential will ensure applicants are in a strong position to source all the required evidence. Applicants without either of these will be assessed through an interview as to their suitability for the course prior to enrolment.
Additional Requirements: This program requires a government issued Unique Student Identifier (USI) number. See http://www.usi.gov.au/ for details and to secure your USI.
Assessment Mode: Recognition of Prior Learning
Location: Online only
Duration: 10 weeks (complete course)
Intakes: 4 terms per year
Fees & Timetable
$3000 up front.
Note: FEE help is not available for this RPL VET course
2021 Course Dates:
Intake 1: 1st February – 9th April (Census: Mon 15th Feb)
Intake 2: 26th April – 2nd July (Census: Mon 10th May)
Intake 3: 19th July – 24th September (Census: Mon 2nd Aug)
Intake 4: 11th October – 17th December (Census: Mon 25th Oct)
Course Learning Outcomes
- Ability to apply ethical decision making principles
- Ability to communicate a broad knowledge of an Old Testament book and New Testament book
- Ability to identify and apply a Christian worldview and values
- Demonstration of general leadership skills in a ministry context
- Ability to apply knowledge of pastoral ministry to a broad range of contexts, and depth in the area of specialisation
- Demonstration of general research skills, particularly the ability to gather, understand, evaluate and analyse information
“This has been
the best year of my life so far. You can come to class and study, but the great
thing about this college is studying about God. One of the best things about
this college is the friends you develop, not only students but lecturers and
teachers. You get to meet new people who are open and sincere. Everyone is
real, loves God and is one big family.”
VET Ministry Graduate
Potential vocational outcomes for graduates of this course will depend on the participants’ pre-existing qualifications and experience, as well as their chosen electives. Ministry can take place within a variety of contexts, with potential careers in administration, chaplaincy, children’s ministry, church planting, community work, creative ministry, leadership, cross-cultural ministry, women’s ministry, or youth ministry.
For more information on the suite of student support services available, please see our Student Services section.
Course Code: 10648NAT RTO National code: 90525 Legal name: Alphacrucis College Limited
CRICOS Course Code: 096010D