Details for Biblical Foundations of Education
It is essential that those teaching and leading in Christian schools be provided with opportunities to develop a substantial understanding of the Bible as an overarching framework for their education practice. This subject is designed to assist students to develop a coherent, education-purposed, biblical theology that flows out of the entire biblical narrative. This "big picture” or metanarrative subject provides opportunities for a thoughtful response to the canonical books of the Christian Scriptures and their implications for life. Students will be lae to explore what being shaped by the Scriptures means s educational practice. It seeks to develop in students a deep understanding of the integrity of faith and knowledge that should be apparent in education that is genuinely Christian. It does this through a survey of the Scriptures as an integrated whole and covers the implications for life and education of our embeddedness in the Scripture-based metanarrative.
Co-requisite: EDU501/a Worldviews and Educational Practice
Awards offering Biblical Foundations of Education
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Graduate Certificate in Education*
- Graduate Certificate in Education (Leadership)*
- Master of Education*
- Master of Education (Leadership)*
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of biblical themes, hermeneutical principles, literary techniques, and the unified nature of Scripture.
- Critically analyse and evaluate the implications of a biblically grounded meta-narrative for life and educational practice.
- Articulate a biblically informed characterisation of Christ-centred education.
- Apply hermeneutical principles to investigating a theme across Scripture and its pertinence to education.
- Critically reflect on biblical foundations of principles, policies, and practices of Christian education.
- The Authority of the Bible for Life and Education
- Genesis 1-11
- Covenant & Kingdom
- Kings, Temples, Priests, and Prophets
- Wisdom and life
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Distance/ Global Online
- Critical Reflective Pieces (20%)
- Essay (40%)
- Essay (40%)
Check with the instructor each semester before purchasing any textbooks