Details for Reflective Pedagogy
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: EDU507
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Jim Twelves
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering Reflective Pedagogy
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Describe the development of Christian schooling pedagogical practices from the perspective of their philosophical and theoretical foundations
- Appraise the importance of teaching/learning contexts;
- Critically evaluate one’s personal teaching practices and student learning processes.
- Devise a professional development program effectively incorporating reflective teaching practice;
- Design a teaching and learning environment with appropriate content that will maximise learning outcomes.
- Purposeful transformation in classroom practice.
- A metanarrative for effective teaching in a Christian school.
- The philosophical and theological foundations of classroom teaching.
- The complex contexts of classroom teaching.
- Re-storying classroom practice.
- Transformative education.
- The hidden curriculum and the transmission of assumptions.
This course may be offered in the following formats
- This course is delivered by the National Institute for Christian Education
- Forum posts (10%)
- Essay (40%)
- Multimedia Project (50%)
Check with the instructor each semester before purchasing any textbooks