Details for Education Research Project
Note: This subject has been replaced by EDU598 from Semester 1 2024 onwards.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: EDU593
- Credit points: 20
- Subject coordinator: David Hastie
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering Education Research Project
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Articulate an original, researchable problem within an educational leadership context;
- With extensive reference to pertinent literature and from a biblical perspective, design and propose an appropriate research project in order to address the problem;
- Justify the selection and use of a research method, including data collection protocols, taking into account ethical considerations.
- Compile and synthesise the necessary research based on the proposed methodology;
- Analyse the collected data and write a research report including a discussion of the results from theoretical, philosophical/theological and practical perspectives and including suggestions for further research.
- Research as an academic activity and the structure and intent of the formal writing of research reports.
- The identification and testing of relevant assumptions and worldview perspectives pertaining to a research project topic.
- Problem identification and the formalising of a research proposal.
- The construction of a comprehensive and critical literature review for research purposes.
- An overview of research case study methodologies pertinent to specific research problems. The philosophical and theological foundations of research and the non-neutrality of methodologies.
- The collection and critical analysis of data collection, and the framing of discussion and conclusions.
- The formal reporting of research and the possibility of publication.
This course may be offered in the following formats
Check timetables for subject availability and mode of delivery
- Research Proposal (20%)
- Research Report (80%)
Check with the instructor each semester before purchasing any textbooks