Details for Professional Experience 1 – Minor 1
This unit introduces students to a wider range of opportunities to practise their developing skills and techniques in controlled real-life settings under the support of full-time school mentors. Students will be given opportunity to develop their planning, relational and evaluation skills within the setting of professional teams of communities of practice. During this professional experience they will develop effective behaviour management techniques for their teaching style and the learning context, while observing the performance of professional teachers in context, and reflect upon how their personal worldview impacts every aspect of their life and work in education.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: EXP210
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Professional Experience Co-Ordinator
EDU116 Introduction to Learning Theory or 40 credit points.
Awards offering Professional Experience 1 – Minor 1
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Observe and apply a variety of teaching, student engagement and classroom management approaches and strategies in school-based contexts and critique their effectiveness.
- Identify how different teaching and learning strategies acknowledge and respond to the diversity of student’s needs, strengths, culture, ability, and uniqueness.
- Plan a sequence of lessons that demonstrate a foundational understanding of learning and assessment theory and how to integrate a faith perspective.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies and resources to effectively engage students in the learning experience.
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of effective communication and classroom management strategies that support student engagement, wellbeing, and safety,
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of the role of assessment and how to provide feedback to students and parents.
- Reflect on teaching programs and identify areas that can be adjusted to improve the student learning experience
- Reflect on personal teaching practice in relation to the Australian Professional Teaching Standards and together with peers and mentors identify areas for improvement
- Exhibit professional ethical and legislative requirements and responsibilities in personal, classroom, school and broader professional contexts.
This course may be offered in the following formats
This subject involves mandatory professional experience.
- Observation Journal (Satisfactory requirement)
- Professional Experience Report (Satisfactory requirement)