Details for Professional Experience
This 20-day block Professional Experience (PEX) placement is in the early childhood context with children aged 3-5 years. In this PEX, Teacher Education Students (TES) can apply their theoretical studies, and the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and reflect on their developing teaching skills. This aims to provide the TES with the skills to become a pedagogical leader in an early childhood education and care setting.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: EXP220
- Credit points: 10
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering Professional Experience
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Identify a range of teaching and management approaches and strategies for an early childhood education and care centre environment;
- Understand advanced methods of designing, implementing and evaluating and assessing meaningful and appropriate learning experiences in early childhood and primary education sites;
- Describe the professional and ethical responsibilities as a colleague, member of a team and in the wider educational community including parents and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate increasing competence in a broad range of general teaching skills including: planning, implementing, assessing and reflecting on learning experiences;
- Understand and apply a range of theories, ideas and practices in relation to motivation and management in early childhood setting contexts from a Christian or alternate context.
This subject involves mandatory professional experience in an early childhood service
Please consult your course prospectus or enquire about how and when this course will be offered next at Alphacrucis University College.
- Observation Journal
- Performance Review
- References will include the most current curriculum requirements for schools.