Details for Professional Experience
This 10-day block Professional Experience (PEX) placement is in the early childhood OR primary context. This PEX is done in conjunction with EDU316 Differentiation, Classroom Engagement and Management. The Teacher Education Student (TES) will be working with children aged between three and five years OR primary aged children. The TES will be required to observe and evaluate children’s interactions and learning, and plan learning experiences based on their theoretical studies, the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) or syllabus and reflect on their developing skills.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: EXP316
- Credit points: 10
Co-requisites: EDU316 Differentiation, Classroom Engagement and Management
Awards offering Professional Experience
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Identify a range of teaching and management approaches and strategies for an early childhood education and care centre environment;
- Describe principles, practices and legislative requirements and how they contribute to supporting students’ wellbeing and safety within the early childhood setting;
- Discriminate by observation and reflection the practices of professional educators;
- Demonstrate increasing competence in a broad range of general teaching skills including: planning, implementing, assessing and reflecting on learning experiences;
- Understand and apply a range of theories, ideas and practices in relation to motivation and management in early childhood setting contexts from a Christian or alternate context.
This course may be offered in the following formats
This subject involves mandatory professional experience in an early childhood service.
Please consult your course prospectus or enquire about how and when this course will be offered next at Alphacrucis University College.
- Observational Journey
- Performance Review
- References will include the most current curriculum requirements for schools.