Details for Professional Experience
This final primary Professional Experience (PEX) subject involves the Teacher Education Student (TES) taking full responsibility for a classroom and develop more fully a range of skills, knowledge and attitudes more closely related to those of beginning teaching.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: EXP322
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Philip Fitzsimmons
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering Professional Experience
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
This final primary Professional Experience (PEX) subject involves the Teacher Education Student (TES) taking full responsibility for a classroom and developing more fully a range of skills, knowledge and attitudes more closely related to those of beginning teaching. This PEX will be done in an ECEC context (20-day PEX) or a K- 6 context (30 days PEX), the TES will have full responsibility for observing,
planning, implementing, assessing students and reporting, and evaluating units of work, including embedding individualised programs for specific school students to support inclusion and diversity. The TES will consider the gaps and silences evident in discourses about learners and learning and critically engage with ethical practices for inclusivity. A mandatory requirement of this PEX is that TES submit a
Teacher Performance Assessment (TPA), the details of which are on the Moodle for this placement
and in the A3TPA Guidebook.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse learners’ abilities, needs and interests as the basis for the planning of learning and teaching in K-6;
- Critically analyse practices that support diversity and inclusion in a wide variety of contexts;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rationale for continued professional learning and the implications for improved student learning;
- Demonstrate the ability to take major responsibility for a class over an extended period;
- Develop a personal code of ethics in light of the Graduate Teacher Standard Descriptors and a Christian or alternate school perspective.
This course may be offered in the following formats
This subject involves mandatory professional experience in an early childhood service
- Major Professional Experience Final Teaching Report
- Performance Review
- References will include the most current curriculum requirements for schools.
Check with the instructor each semester before purchasing any prescribed texts or representative references