Details for Human Resources Management
Human Resources are the key to any organisation, and the efficient and ethical management of these resources will impact an organisation’s success. In this subject students will be introduced to the modern Strategic Human Resource Management framework. Topics covered include work design, human resource planning, recruitment & employee retention, managing performance, staff training and development, and workplace negotiation. After completing this subject, students will have a fir understanding of HRM procedures and be prepared for further studies in the HRM.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: LEA501
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Daniel Thornton
Awards offering Human Resources Management
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Master of Arts
- Master of Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Arts
- Graduate Diploma of Leadership
- Demonstrate an indepth understanding of the legal context of human resources management.
- Summarise the ethical and theological issues involved in human resources management.
- Explain the techniques of recruitment, remuneration, training and separation of employees, and a capacity to apply these techniques in particular organisations.
- Describe the issues involved in the management of volunteers and teams.
- Describe the distinctive human resources issues faced by not-for profit and church organisations.
- Evolution of HRM
- The Context of HRM
- Industrial Relations: Frameworks and Practices
- Work Design
- HR Planning and Evaluation
- Church and NFP Issues
- Volunteer Management
- Managing Performance
- Managing OH&S
- Workplace Negotiation Processes
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (onsite)
- E-Learning (online)
- Quizzes (20%)
- Project (30%)
- Exam (50%)
- Nankervis, A., R. Compton, M. Baird and J. Coffey, Human Resource Management: Strategy and Practice 9th Edition. Cengage, 2016.
Please consult your instructor before purchasing textbooks