Details for Strategic Thinking
Strategic thinkers constantly remind themselves and their team of the purpose of their organisation and ask in the light of this purpose: Where are we now (are we making a difference), where do we want to be and how are we going to get there? In ‘Strategic Thinking and Planning’ we unpack these questions and look at what the Bible as well as contemporary management texts offer to help us in our quest to turn our visions into reality and make a difference.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: LEA530
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Duane Van Vuuren
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering Strategic Thinking
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Graduate Certificate in Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Leadership
- Master of Arts
- Master of Leadership
Upon completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of organisational purpose and vision.
- Show an advanced ability to complete a comprehensive situational analysis that assists an organisation to formulate its key strategic challenges.
- Identify key factors in design innovation and change.
- Identify key skills required in managing organisational change.
- Compare and contrast analytical, creative and design thinking (and what to apply when).
- Discuss the limitations of planning.
- Analytical Report
- Strategic Plan
- Hubbard, G., Rice, J., & Galvin P. (2019). Strategic Management. 6th Edition. Pearson.
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any textbooks.