Details for Organisational Leadership
Our current times present new possibilities for leaders willing to be bold and innovative in a fast-changing landscape. Leaders need to rethink how they achieve organisational goals and sustainability, and rethink how they manage and inspire their teams. The uncertainty and complexity of today’s challenges requires leaders to analyse their organisational structures and develop processes to lead change well. This subject is designed for experienced leaders and will facilitate meaningful engagement with learning resources, empirical research, peers, and facilitators in a structured way.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: LEA535
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Duane Van Vuuren
Awards offering Organisational Leadership
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Graduate Certificate in Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership
- Graduate Diploma in Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Leadership
- Master of Arts
- Master of Leadership
- Describe the process whereby organisations form and evolve over time.
- Critically analyse the importance of organisational structures, which are possible, to empower and provide opportunities for leadership development.
- Identify and distinguish the levels of complexity existing within organisations and their implications in staff selection and development.
- Create an effective ‘real team’ of leaders.
- Illustrate an advanced abilityto create and modify the beliefs (values), which give rise to an organisations culture.
- Explain the processes involved in leading through change and the obstacles normally encountered within an organisation.
- Systems Thinking
- Organisations and Organisational Life Cycle
- The Nature of Work
- Holistic Approaches to Leadership
- Systems Leadership
- Organisational Culture
- High Performance Work Systems
- Human Capabilities
- Decision Making
- Managing Conflict and Negotiation
- Leading and Managing Change
- Organisational Aud
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (onsite)
- E-learning (online)
- Leadership Journal (15%)
- Minor Essay (35%)
- Case Study Analysis (50%)
- Macdonald, I., Burke, C., and Stewart, K. (2019) Systems Leadership (2nd ed.). Routledge.
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any textbooks.