Details for Acquire leadership skills
This unit describes the skills necessary for exercising leadership and influence in various contexts. Organisational leadership begins with vision, is exercised utilising multiple styles, and entails the mentoring of individuals and groups.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: LEDLED501
- Credit points: 10
Awards offering Acquire leadership skills
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Diploma of Ministry (Leadership) - RPL (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
- Certificate IV in Ministry (Leadership) (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
- Identify and promote the values, mission and vision of an organisation
- Identify and utilise various leadership styles
- Demonstrate leadership skills:
- Identify qualities of leaders
- Skills for leaders are identified
- Skills are implemented in culturally safe ways
- Provide feedback on performance
This course may be offered in the following formats
Global online; face-to-face.
Weekly Tests, Short Report, Longer Report
Required text(s), one of the following:
- Blanchard, K. & Hodges, P. Lead Like Jesus. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2008.
- Breen, M. Multiplying Missional Leaders. Pawleys Island, SC: Dimension Ministries, 2012.
- Fogarty, S. Light a Fire. Parramatta, N.S.W: Australasian Pentecostal Studies, 2016.
- Leman, K. & Pentak, W. The Way of the Shepherd: Seven Secrets to Managing Productive. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2004.
- Stanley, A. The Next Generation Leader. Sisters, OR: Multnomah Books, 2011.
- Banks, R.J., B.M. Ledbetter and M. Pree. Reviewing Leadership: A Christian Evaluation of Current Approaches (Engaging Culture). Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2004.
- Malphurs, A. Being Leaders: The Nature of Authentic Christian Leadership. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2003.
- Jagelman, I. The L Factor: Identifying and Developing Christian Leaders. Port Orchard, WA: Ark House Press, 2016.