Details for Investigate and apply biblical data
This unit prepares students to investigate and interpret the Bible and communicate the message to the audience building on skills developed in Introduction to the Old and New Testament.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: MINBIB501
- Credit points: 10
Awards offering Investigate and apply biblical data
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Diploma of Ministry (Leadership) - RPL (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
- Certificate IV in Ministry (Leadership) (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
- Use Bible study tools to investigate the context of biblical texts:
- Background studies
- Genre studies
- Describe the principles of the biblical texts
- Apply the principles of the Bible in a contemporary context
- Martin, L.R. Biblical Hermeneutics: Essential Keys for Interpreting the Bible. Miami, FL: Senda De Vida Publishers, 2011.
Please consult your instructor prior to purchasing any required text(s).
- Duvall, J.S. & Hays, J. D. Grasping God's Word: A Hands-On Approach to Reading, Interpreting, and Applying the Bible. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2012.
This is a recommended text.