Details for Disciple a church member
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: NAT11088002
- Credit points: 10
Awards offering Disciple a church member
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
1. Plan to disciple a church member
- An inclusive, safe, and accountable discipleship relationship is established with a church member.
- Spiritual disciplines and their benefits are explained to the disciple.
- The most appropriate short-term and long-term spiritual and personal growth goals for the disciple are collaboratively determined.
- A discipleship plan to meet these goals, specifies the responsibilities of both parties and is in accordance with church policies and traditions is collaboratively developed.
2.Support a disciple to grow
- Social gatherings are participated in with the disciple to develop the relationship
- The disciple is regularly met with individually in an official discipleship capacity
- Further impromptu contact is made with the disciple when prompted through prayer.
- Spiritual disciplines and Christian integrity are modelled to the disciple.
- Active listening is employed to determine the disciple’s progress and assistance needed
- Encouragement is provided through prayer, personal experience and scripture where appropriate
- Healthy boundaries and confidentiality are maintained throughout the discipleship relationship in accordance with church policy
3.Review and conclude the discipleship relationship
- The tutor’s performance is evaluated by both parties against the particulars of the discipleship plan
- The disciple’s growth is evaluated by both parties with respect to their stated goals.
- Where necessary to achieve the disciple’s growth goals, suitable tutor candidates are discussed and approached to continue the discipleship process.
- The discipleship relationship is concluded.