Details for Provide foundational care in a church ministry setting
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: NAT11088003
- Credit points: 10
Awards offering Provide foundational care in a church ministry setting
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
1. Practice self-care
- Approaches to ministry and lifestyle choices external to ministry are analysed to identify practices requiring revision and adoption necessary for long-term health in ministry
- A self-care plan to minimise stress and maintain spiritual, emotional and physical health when providing care in ministry is developed
- In consultation with a ministry leader, the plan is refined
- The plan is executed with positive outcomes and challenges recorded and evaluated
2.Listen and respond to a church member
- A space is provided for the care recipient to share where distractions are minimised, and which is in accordance with church policy
- Full attention is given to the care recipient
- Verbal and non-verbal feedback is used to reinforce presence and build trust
- Active listening techniques are used to help the person express themselves including where grief, loss or spiritual questions are identified
- Interjections with personal experiences and opinions are avoided
- The care recipient is prayed for where their consent is granted
- The care recipient is referred to a leader where the need for further support is identified.
- Any reportable offences are handled in accordance with legislative, regulatory and church policy requirements.
- Reasonable boundaries are maintained in accordance with church policy
3.Debrief with a pastoral carer
- The care experience and its impact on the carer is reflected upon with a pastoral carer.
- Any need for further support of the carer is identified and arranged.
- Provision of care is evaluated to determine any coaching requirements.
- External support and coaching are engaged when not sufficiently available within the church.
- Confidentiality of the care recipient is maintained throughout the debriefing process.