Details for Interpret the Bible for personal and communal edification
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: NAT11088006
- Credit points: 10
Awards offering Interpret the Bible for personal and communal edification
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
1. Use hermeneutic practices to interpret the Bible
- A hermeneutic based on the context of the Bible is selected and outlined.
- Relevant resources to aid hermeneutics are collected and reviewed.
- The hermeneutic is followed to interpret passages of the Bible.
2. Respond appropriately to interpretations of the Bible
- Responses to interpretations of the Bible are developed to edify oneself and specific audiences within a community of faith.
- The practice of personal responses to the interpretation are implemented and documented.
- Interpretations and their respective responses are developed for other audiences and shared with a community faith leader.
3. Document evaluative feedback from a faith leader
- The hermeneutic practices, validity of the interpretation, and response is critiqued with the support of a faith leader.
- Critical feedback on the quality of the interpretation and its response are discussed.
- Areas for improvement are summarized and documented.