Details for Postgraduate Research and Writing
New to higher education studies & it all seems too hard? Worried about writing essay papers? Or where to begin researching? Or you feel confident in writing, but want to learn the skills of evaluating the masses of information we are bombarded with? This unit is for you! It will give you the tools of how to succeed in your postgraduate academic studies. It will examine how you learn, plus challenge you to think deeper, wider and more creatively. It will also encourage you in how to critically evaluate and reflect on information.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: RES401
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Emma Austin
Awards offering Postgraduate Research and Writing
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Master of Arts
- Master of Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Leadership
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Social Science
- Analyse, synthesise, and critically engage with academic literature.
- Critically engage with existing research to develop and support an argument within a defined context.
- Select and apply appropriate academic writing conventions.
- Evaluate different methods’ suitable for achieving particular research objectives.
- Introduction and Critical Thinking
- Research and Analysis
- Referencing and Plagiarism
- Academic Writing: Getting Started
- Academic Writing: Essays
- Academic Writing: Plagiarism and Resourcing
- Academic Writing: Submission and Feedback
- Quantitative Methods
- Qualitative Methods
- Christian Worldview
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (onsite)
- Distance/E-Learning (online)
- Essay x2 (40%)
- Essay (20%)
- Mewburn, I., Firth, K., and Lehmann, S. How to Fix Your Academic Writing Trouble: A Practical Guide. London: Open University Press, 2019
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any textbooks