Dr John GriffithsProgram Director - Diploma of Leadership and Ministry
Contact John Griffiths
John grew up in the Pentecostal church, with both of his parents being ordained pastors during his youth. After leaving school, John felt the call of God to study and serve in the church. After serving many years running a youth ministry, he started his journey towards a PhD, completing a honours year focussing on the pericopae adulterae in the Gospel of John, and then in 2016 starting a PhD on the Spirit as gift in Acts. John finished his PhD in early 2020, and started working at AC the next day.
Besides his academic interests, John loves spending time with his wife and two young sons, watching soccer and eating food.
Ph.D. (Flinders University)
Dissertation Title The Spirit as Gift 2020
B. Th. (Hon.) (Flinders University)
Dissertation Title When The Punishment Does Not Fit The Crime 2015
Luke-Acts, the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, the Spirit as Gift, Pneumatology and Ecclesiology, the Gospel of John, Gift-Giving Models in the NT, the Early Jesus Movement.
- John D. Griffiths (2022). The Spirit as Gift in Acts. Brill, Leiden. | External link
- John D. Griffiths (2021). All the Earth, Let Us Sing: Searching for a Latent Pentecostal Ecology in Australian Pentecostal Worship In Christina Nellist, Climate Crisis and Sustainable Creaturely Care: Integrated Theology, Governance and Justice (pp. 81-102). Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Cambridge.
- John D. Griffiths (2021). Wonders in the Heavens Above, Signs on the Earth Below: Pacific Islands Pentecostalism, Climate Change and Acts 2 In Johannes M. Luetz & Patrick D. Nunn, Beyond Belief: Opportunities for Faith-Engaged Approaches to Climate-Change Adaptation in the Pacific Islands (pp. 329-344). Springer, Cham. | External link
Research and Professional Grants
- An Ecological Reading of Pentecost, $4000, ARTFinc
- In The Last Days: Eschatology, the Spirit and the Church (2021), 2021 SCD CGAR Conference, Online, 30 Sep 2021
- Spirit-Baptised Flesh: An Ecological Reading of Acts 2:17-21 (2021), ANZATS 2021, Online, 05 Jul 2021
- Understanding Ecological Crises from an Enchanted Worldview: A Review and Prospects of a Pentecostal Ecology (2020), GloPent, Online, 31 Oct 2020
Society For Pentecostal Studies (since 2020)
If you’d like to contact John, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.