Details for Introduction to Accounting & Bookkeeping
Do you want to manage your business well? Do you want to be a good steward with the money you have?
This subject allows managers and students from a non-accounting background to gain a practical understanding of accounting and finance. Complicated problems are explained using a step-by-step approach so that students from all educational backgrounds will grasp even the most difficult accounting and financial concepts.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: ACC001
- Credit points: 8
- Subject coordinator: Keith McPherson
Awards offering Introduction to Accounting & Bookkeeping
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Undergraduate Certificate in Arts
- Undergraduate Certificate in Ministry
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Business - VET (Australian Skills Quality Authority)
- Apply the essential numerical skills required for bookkeeping and accounting;
- Explain the relationship between the accounting equation and double-entry bookkeeping;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of recording transactions in the appropriate accounts using the double-entry bookkeeping system;
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret balance sheets and profit and loss accounts.
- Introduction to accounting and bookkeeping
- Business structures and transactions
- Balance sheets and income statements
- Costing and pricing
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face
- E-learning (online)
- Tests (Accumulative) (40%)
- Manual Accounting Practice Set (30%)
- Final Exam (90 mins) (30%)
Barristutta, S, Accounting for Non Accountants, 1st Ed, South Melbourne, VIC: Cengage Learning Australia, 1998.