Details for Special Elective – Integrating Faith and Work
This unit is a guided independent research unit focusing on the integration of faith and work, where students will conduct independent research into the field of faith and work. Students will develop an understanding and appreciation of the theology of work and gain greater self-awareness of particular faith and work integration tendencies. As a pre-requisite, students would need to have completed either LEA401 or RES401 to be able to enroll in the unit. However, as this is an advanced unit that requires self-study, we encourage that students should have completed at least forty credit points before enrolling in the unit.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: BUS587
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Kara Martin
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering Special Elective – Integrating Faith and Work
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Critically analyse the importance of the historical developments in Vocation and the Theology of Work.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the Biblical perspective on work.
- Demonstrate a practical awareness of how faith and work can be integrated across different workplace settings.
- Examine key competencies required for their chosen field of professional practice – including task-focused skills, interpersonal relationship abilities, and leadership abilities.
- Integrate the realities of experiential learning in the context of workplace integrated learning and evaluate personal actions in professional practice through dynamic reflection.
- Introduction to Integrating Faith an dWork
- A Narrative Theology of Vocation and Work
- An Historical Theology of Work
- Macroeconomic Context for Contemporary Vocation
- Vocational Power: Understanding What You Bring to God's Mission
- Integrating Methodologies: Worldview/Cultural Liturgies
- Integrating Methodologies: Vocational (Profession/Job)
- Integrating Methodologies: Theology of Work
- Integrating Methodologies: Vocation
- Integrating Methodologies: Worship
- Integrating Methodologies: Key Competencies Required for Integration
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Book Review (25%)
- Essay (25%)
- Reflective Essay (50%)