Details for Professional Experience 3 - Major
This final Professional Experience subject involves the Teacher Education Student taking full responsibility for a classroom and develop more fully a range of skills, knowledge and attitudes more closely related to those of beginning teaching. The Teacher Education Student will have full responsibility for observing, planning, implementing, student assessment and reporting, and evaluating units of work, including embedding individualised programs for specific school students to support inclusion and diversity. The Teacher Education Student will consider the gaps and silences evident in discourses about learners and learning and critically engage with ethical practices for inclusivity. The Teacher Education Student submits their Teacher Performance Assessment (TPA) at the conclusion of this subject.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: EXP314
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Professional Experience Co-Ordinator
Awards offering Professional Experience 3 - Major
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Apply a range of effective teaching, student engagement and classroom management approaches and strategies in school-based contexts and critique their effectiveness.
- Plan and teach lessons that include different teaching and learning strategies which acknowledge and respond to the diversity of student’s needs, strengths, culture, ability, and uniqueness.
- Plan and teach a sequence of lessons that demonstrate an understanding of learning and assessment theory, their content areas and how to integrate a faith perspective.
- Apply a range of teaching strategies (including numeracy and literacy teaching strategies) and resources to effectively engage students in the learning experience.
- Use effective communication and classroom management strategies that support student engagement, wellbeing, and safety.
- Use a range of effective assessment strategies, make consistent assessment decisions, and provide constructive feedback to students and parents.
- Interact with parents and carers as part of the educative process.
- Evaluate teaching programs and identify areas that can be adjusted to improve the student learning experience.
- Critically reflect on personal teaching practice in relation to the Australian Professional Teaching Standards and together with peers and mentors identify areas for improvement.
- Exemplify the full range of professional ethical and legislative requirements and responsibilities in personal, classroom, school and broader professional contexts.
This course may be offered in the following formats
This is a placement subject.
- Teaching Performance Assessment TPA (Satisfactory requirement)
- Profession Experience Reports (Mentor & Tertiary Supervisor) (Satisfactory requirement)