Details for Independent Guided Research
This subject allows students to construct a research question in their chosen major subject area, select a research method to address the question, explain the methodology employed in the project and execute the method to complete the research.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: RES500
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Grant Buchanan
The following courses are prerequisites:
- RES401 - Postgraduate Research and Writing or equivalent and completion of at least 3 subjects in major area and at least 1 elective
Awards offering Independent Guided Research
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Construct a research question in chosen major subject area;
- Select the appropriate research method to address the question;
- Explain methodology employed in project;
- Execute the method to complete the research, including significant literature review on the chosen topic.
Please note that as this is a research subject that you undertake with a supervisor, you need to start discussions with your Program Director to allocate a supervisor before you enrol in this subject. We recommend the earlier you do this the better it will be to set you up for a great research project!
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (onsite)
- Distance/E-learning (online)
- Research Proposal (20%)
- Annotated Bibliography (20%)
- Research Essay (60%)
- Readings to be assigned by the appropriate supervisor on the particular topic of the project.